27 January 2009

Our building is, like, totally famous.

Mute's current office is located in a tall building between Soho, Tribeca and the Holland Tunnel. Aside from our music floor, which we share, the entire building is mostly populated by union headquarters. Then there's us. Oh and Uniqlo too. It's intense (don't forget your ID or the lady at the front desk will unleash the fury and it's not pretty). Our floor used to be a medical floor. You get the picture. Also the cops do this crazy drill where they get every cop car known to man to drive up 6th Avenue flashing their lights and park on our block, alarming us to no end at least once a week. A 'drill' they call it.

Well, imagine my surprise as I watched the first episode of everyone's favorite show, FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS and saw a very familiar building posing as the office building of the guys 'former' manager, Murray.

Check it:
Evidence? Not quite. But wait, there's more.

They're walking out of the building! With a table! Do you know how many times a day I walk out that door!

Here's the building in its full glory:

If you squint you can see our office on the fourth floor.

Here they're talking to their stalker fan who is protesting something. I forgot.


When I came in to share this story with the other Muteants, Justin promptly said 'Oh yeah, I knew about that.' But did he tell anyone? NO! I don't know where I was that day since I'm always here. But I missed Brett and Jemaine, in our very own building. THE HORROR! Maybe one of the more exciting things that's happened in this building. Because the set of Law & Order: Criminal Intent really just isn't that exciting (they film here sometimes too)(sorry mom). So the point is, that coworkers keep secrets from each other. Important ones involving cute New Zealanders. Clearly I had to fire him on the spot.

And, because I was so excited about this minute of stardom, I forgot to watch the rest of the episode.


- Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment